Equality, freedom of religion and compassion for others are among our most cherished values. Yet prejudice and hatred continue to exist in Canada – and are more common than most of us care to admit.
We may feel that prejudice doesn’t affect us personally. In reality, disharmony in our communities impacts quality of life for all of us. And we all have the ability to realize change for the better.
One child at a time, one school at a time, one community group at a time, FAST programs are helping to create the kind of Canada we can all be proud to call home. We need your leadership to make it happen.
Join Our FAST National Webinar Series
Register and we will notify you of our upcoming national webinars for human rights days and history months, which will consist of a presentation on the subject and information about how FAST materials can be used in class for these special days/months.
* Black History Month, February
* Women’s History Month, March
* International Women’s Day, March 8
* International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, March 21
* International Day of Pink, April 13
* Asian Heritage Month, May
* Pink Shirt Day, May 4
* National Indigenous History Month, June
* National Aboriginal Day, June 21
* Canadian Multiculturalism Day, June 27
* Holocaust Education Week, first week of November
* Remembrance Day, November 11
* Holodomor Memorial Day, end of November
* International Human Rights Day, December 10
* International Holocaust Remembrance Day, January 27
Classrooms are powerful environments for positive social change. Watch students talk about how Choose Your Voice has made an impact on them.
FAST resources have been implemented in most elementary, middle and secondary schools in Canada, as well as many universities and colleges.
Since 2005, Choose Your Voice and Voices into Action have reached approximately 5.5 million students, in every province and territory.